The festive season is behind us and we are focusing on conquering those new year’s resolutions. Now it’s time to focus on the month of love. It’s always a little different with kids and for so long Valentine’s Day has always been about celebrating it with your romantic partner, but when you are parents, there are so many adorable ways to celebrate with the biggest love of all…our kids. They are always coming home from school with the cutest little cards and gifts that they’ve made themselves. They always make us feel so special, so why not celebrate the day by showing them how extra loved they are. Here are a few budget friendly “safe” ways to do so:
- Choose a section in your home & let them decorate it. Cut out hearts on coloured paper and thread string through it to hang it up. Let them draw Valentine’s Day pictures and stick it up in that section. I promise, they will feel very proud to see their handy work up for all to admire.
- Dressing in red might seem cheesy, but for them it’s dress up day and time to partake in all the little festivities at school. Let them pick out their own red and white outfits the night before. I can almost guarantee you that there won’t be any complaints to go to school that morning.
- In the morning cut their sandwiches in heart shapes and only give them red snacks. Stick little love notes in their lunch box and all around the house for them to find; it’s also a great Valentine’s Day game to play. Let’s see how many love notes you can find and then receive that amount of little heart sweets or chocolates.
- Spend the weekend before or an evening in the week baking cookies together for them to take to school to hand out to their friends and teacher and include a card from them. If your kids are anything like mine, they love taking little gifts for their teachers and friends.
- On Valentine’s Day, you could plan to have a special early movie night with them and watch their favourite movie. Make popcorn and hot chocolate and just snuggle up on the couch in a bubble of love.
- Lastly, remember to take lots of pictures. Nothing fancy, just to document the day and make special memories you can look back on.
On the other hand, if you are planning a late date night with your partner once the kids have gone to bed, then here’s some quick and easy date night glam tips to make you look awake and put together:
- Apply orange or peach concealer under the eyes before foundation to conceal and neutralize darkness or blueness. The CATRICE Cosmetics colour correcting concealer works perfectly for this.
- Apply yellow concealer over the orange or peach concealer as it acts as an eye brightener and helps you look more awake.
- Mix your favourite foundation with your daily moisturizer and apply it all over your face for a dewier finish – less is more.
- For a quicker and easier brow method, simply apply a brow mascara to fill out your brows and make it more defined. I love the CATRICE Cosmetics Brow Colorist Mascara as it also tints your brows.
- Whip out your bronzer and apply bronzer in the crease of your eye to define it. Use the same bronzer to carve out the cheekbones, use along the forehead, sweep it under the jawline and down the sides of nose. This will help warm up and sculpt the face. I am obsessed with the CATRICE Cosmetics 3 Step Contour Palette.
- Dab some blush on the apples of the cheek and across the nose area. I love the CATRICE Cosmetics Blush Box; there are a variety of shades to choose from.
- A lick or 2 of mascara on the eyelashes (top & bottom). Tip: curl your upper eyelashes with an eyelash curler before applying mascara to really open the eyes and make those eyelashes pop. I love the CATRICE Cosmetics Glam & Doll Waterproof Mascara. CATRICE also has a great eyelash curler.
- For that instant radiant glow, apply highlighter on your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, inner corners of your eyes, under the brow bone and on the centre of the chin. This will really accentuate your features. The CATRICE Cosmetics High Glow Highlighter is great.
- Finish off with a lip pencil to line the lips. Fill your lips in with your favourite lip colour and add a dash of gloss to the cupids bow for that pouty lip finish. If you are feeling brave, why not try a sultry red lip. The CATRICE Cosmetics Demi Matt Lipstick in shade number 60 is the most beautiful red which will suit all skin tones.
- Lastly, do not forget your skin. Use the Caribbeantan Body Shimmer to create that flawless glowing skin for your special night. I love to mix in a little baby oil at night for that extra glow.