Ask any parent what they would like for their Birthday and they will reply SLEEP. Sleep issues are common which young babies and children.
Pure Beginnings can’t help you with rocking your tot to sleep but we can assist with these two great products.
Pure Beginnings Soothing Baby Massage and Bath Oil (R119.99)
The Pure Beginnings Soothing Baby Massage & Bath Oil contains a blend of moisturising and calming oils to nurture and protect delicate baby skin.
There are TONS of benefits of baby massage. Here are some benefits outlined by Debbie Knighton-Fitt, Pure Beginnings pregnancy ambassador and author of Our Greenish Life Blog.
- It is a fantastic way of affirming your bond with your baby (which is critical if you understand how babies’ brains develop).
- Encourages digestion and eases baby’s colic, constipation and gas/wind.
- Improves blood circulation and skin conditions.
- Encourages sensory stimulation and routine building.
- Helps build parents and baby’s self-esteem.
- Improves baby’s health and general well-being.
- Helps baby sleep for longer and stimulates neurological development.
- Helps you become more confident in handling your child and better at recognizing their needs.
- Research has shown that baby massage can be a way in which a mother engages in positive ways with her baby (relieves stress for both mom and bub).
- It can be a great way for partners, grandparents and siblings to bond with the newest addition to the family.
- Regularly massaging your baby may help them to sleep and settle better too. Your baby’s muscles relax, and breathing becomes deeper as massage raises levels of the ‘feel-good’ hormone oxytocin in both you and your baby. This helps you both feel calmer and relaxed. (This can also help with breastfeeding).
Using only pure natural plant oils, the product is 92% organic and 100% natural. “Our baby range is well known for its purity and safety”, says Bruce Moore-Gordon, owner of the Ecocert certified company. “When launching our massage oil for use on babies, purity and safety were top of the list. We specifically selected oils which are the most suitable for baby and infant skin, and we then sourced the purest organic supply of these oils”, says Bruce.
As per the very strict standards of the brand, there are no synthetic chemicals in the product. These can cause inflammation or irritation of the skin. In addition, the baby oil contains no synthetic colourants, parabens or any petrochemically derived ingredients such as mineral oil.
The Baby Massage & Bath Oil is not intended for use exclusively as part of baby’s bedtime massage routine. A few pumps can be added into baby’s bath water, which will help to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin. Since it is 100% natural, it won’t clog pores and will allow baby’s skin to breathe