The Harvest Table launches its Kids Range
Say goodbye to the mealtime battle zone with The Harvest Table’s new kids range of products which promises to provide the right nutrients for growing bodies. Catherine Clark, Owner and Founder of The Harvest Table, says that she understands first-hand what it’s like to try and get children to eat healthily. “I have two kids, Joshua (12) and Emma (9), and I understand this daily struggle all too well. What’s worse, when I don’t get it right, I’m left feeling guilty that they are not getting the right nutrition for their growing bodies. These products have allowed me to provide them with a meal replacement option that is not only nutritious but tasty and convenient too,” she says.
Catherine adds that not unlike most kids, her children are drawn to fun packaging, and so, she and her team made an effort to create a vibrant range that is not only earth-consciously packaged but appealing to children too. The range features a variety of eight shakes for kids aged 3-6 and tweens aged 7-12. “We’re proud to launch a range that features different packaging for girls, boys and different age groups. We did not want to produce one-size-fits-all packaging, but rather, products that were inviting and appealed to the child’s imagination, all while making the parent’s job easier,” she adds.
Each shake contains prebiotics, probiotics, protein, magnesium, barley grass juice, and lion’s mane mushrooms. The shakes are flavoured with chocolate or blueberry, so they are guaranteed to be a firm favourite in your home.
Catherine explains the benefits of the ingredients below:
- Collagen: Collagen consists of protein building blocks, otherwise known as amino acids, which are essentially structural components found in the bones. Collagen is surrounded by calcium and phosphate, which help form mineralised (hard) bone. Children need to include it in their diet as they go through peak bone-building years at around age 10. The more collagen they have in their bodies, the more readily available it is for their bones.
- Bone broth: Bone broth contains gelatine which is essential for restoring the gut. It seals up holes in your stomach, heals the lining, and nourishes the gut with essential nutrients. It contributes to a well-functioning digestive system and thus helps the body absorb nutrients easily.
- Lion Mane mushroom: Lion Mane mushroom contributes to the production of nerve tissue growth and brain cells, which can suffer damage over time. It works throughout the body, and not just in the brain by repairing damaged nerve tissue, regenerating nerve fibres, and also improving the communication between neurons and axons. It also supports cognitive functioning, boosts mental focus, and improves memory.
- Probiotic: Probiotics are essentially bacteria that is found naturally in our gut. It coexists with harmful bacteria, which can set off the balance in your gut, leading to irregular bowel movements, constipation and diarrhoea. Probiotics help counter the negative effects of the bad bacteria and thus, improve gut health and function.
- Prebiotic: Prebiotics stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria and balance in the gut. By promoting changes in the gut bacteria, prebiotics directly affect the mucosal immune system, which is the bodies defense mechanism against toxins. This results in decreased susceptibility to inflammatory diseases.
“Parents no longer have to worry about their children getting enough nutrients. This meal replacement can be prepared with three tablespoons of the shake, 250ml of water and three ice cubes, all blended and ready to be enjoyed in a matter of seconds. This range combines great taste, good nutrition and, of course, convenience,” Catherine concludes.