IMPERIAL Road Safety, together with Wheel Well, would like to call on all moms and dads in the Gauteng region, to donate car seats they no longer use in the aim of giving a child the gift of safety this year. This outreach forms part of Imperial Road Safety’s continued annual outreach in the form of the Car Seats for Kids Campaign.
The campaign, launched in 2012, has embarked on various collection drives across the country in a bid to collect pre-owned car seats from South Africans. The campaign has been a phenomenal success, having distributed over 5 490 car seats since its inception, and in 2015 alone, collected 1 486 seats which were later donated (for a small fee) to parents that can’t afford them or haven’t yet realised their importance.
All car seats collected from the generous public are re-upholstered, safety checked and cleaned by Wheel Well, a non-profit organisation based in the Brightwater Commons, before distribution to ensure they are user friendly and defect free.
So go on, make a difference to a family in need!
Drop off your old car seats to anyone one of these locations, to assist us in contributing towards child safety on the roads:
- Wheel Well: Shop U108, Entrance 4, Brightwater Commons, Republic Road, Ferndale, Randburg, Johannesburg, 2125
09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday
09:00 – 13:00 Saturday
Telephone: 072 385 7121/ 073 393 7356
- River Hawk Spur: Coachman’s Crossing, Peter Place, Bryanston
Telephone: 011 706 7968
- MasterDrive: Meyersdal Office Park, 65 Phillip Engrelbrecht Drive, Meyersdal.
Telephone: 011 867 4778 / 011 022 0352
- Petroports: Debonairs – Panorama Bridge and Total – Panorama West
- Dekra Automotive: Get a FREE vehicle safety check from Dekra after dropping off a car seat
And for those parents, in need of a car seat – please contact Peggie Mars from Wheel Well on 072 385 7121 or pop her an email on email@example.com