Wow, level 1. We never thought that we would see the day, but here we are. Now that we are in level 1 and the weather is starting to warm up, things are starting to look up for us. A new season brings new beginnings, lazy beach days & spending more time with family.
Taking the kids to the beach always seems like an amazing idea until you actually get there and 1 kid needs to potty, the other insists on venturing too far into the water and the other is screaming blue murder because they are hungry and you end up spending most of the day on your feet instead of under the umbrella with a good book while the kids are occupied.
It does not all have to be bad though if it is carefully planned:
- Make a list of things that you need so you do not forget anything. I like to use the notes app on my phone, as it is always easily accessible.
- Choose to have an early start so you can find the best spot for the kids.
- Sunscreen along with beach hats is an absolute must.
- Do not overpack. Just a bucket, spade and beach ball will keep them entertained for hours.
- Remember to carry along a bag for rubbish and lots of wet wipes.
- Hydrate. It is easy to let these simple things get away from you on beach day.
- Pack lots of snacks. More importantly sand proof snacks like fruit, pretzels, sandwiches, cookies etc.
- Do not forget the umbrella and towels. You do not need chairs. Leave them at home.
- Baby powder for the end of day to remove sand easily. Full proof method to keeping your car clean.
- Do not forget a little first aid box with band aids and antiseptic. Accidents can happen at any time.
Summer holiday makeup essentials
I thought this would be a perfect topic as this is the time that everyone including myself, starts to plan their December vacation even if it is just around your own province. Be a tourist in your own city.
When packing for a vacation, every inch of your suitcase is like prime property. It can be a pain trying to decide what makeup to take with you when traveling so hopefully this will help you narrow down your list. I have made a list of my top products in no particular order.
1. CATRICE Tensational Primer:
This is a favourite! The ultimate quick fix for your skin. It moistens, freshens, and boosts the look of dull, tired-looking skin. I love mixing it in with my foundation to give my skin a dewy finish or I just apply it on my face as it acts as a great base too and it fills in any fine lines and wrinkles which is perfect. Also, it has an SPF!
2. CATRICE Matt Bronzer:
It is a matte bronzer, so it is perfect for contouring as well as warming up the skin. Sweep across chin, cheeks, and forehead. An absolute travel essential!
There’s also the CATRICE Glow Illusion Loose Powder. It has a little shimmer in it so it’s ideal for those beach days. Skip the blush and highlighter and just sweep this across the cheekbones.
3. CATRICE Sun Glow Highlighter:
This is a brush-on highlighter that gives skin the appearance of being lit-from-within. It brightens and highlights the face and décolletage for a glowing look. Light, compact and perfect for travelling!
4. CATRICE Glam & Doll Waterproof Mascara:
This waterproof mascara saturates from root to tip and it enhances volume and extends length. These defined lashes are clump-resistant, non- flaking and non-smudging – and can withstand moisture of any kind. Ideal for those pool days!
5. CATRICE HD Active Freeze Setting Spray:
With a setting a spray your makeup is going to last all day or night with fading or melting. It is also ideal to keep in your purse as a spritzer to refresh you.
6. CATRICE Precise Slim’matic Eyebrow Pencil:
It does not budge so it is perfect for wearing in the sun and when you are swimming in the pool. This is one of my favourite brow products. For extra strength, set it in with a brow gel.
7. CATRICE Neon Earth Eyeshadow Palette:
This palette is perfect as it has earth tones like the browns and taupe’s, perfect for any outfit and it is not dramatic. The best part is that it is compact and will not take up space.
8. CATRICE Translucent Powder:
This is great because it is compact with a mirror which you can throw in any bag. You can set and touch up your makeup and because it is translucent, you do not have to worry about what colour you are, it is there to take away any shine.
9. CATRICE Kohl Pencil in black and brown:
I do not like to use a liquid liner on vacation as it can smudge. To create definition, I prefer to use a kohl pencil and smudge it into the lash line. The CATRICE pencils are super soft and creamy and easy to blend. I will take brown for daytime and black for that extra spice at night.
10. CATRICE Poreless Mousse Foundation
It gives an amazing natural finish and still covers any imperfections.
Lastly with all these great makeup products, there are a few non makeup essentials you should take as well:
- Sun hat
- Lip balm – CATRICE Clean ID Balm
- Disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer – this goes without saying especially now. I love to use VirocClean
- A good book
- Power bank
Summer is really my favourite season of the year. However, with the heat, humidity and extra sun, our beauty regime is really tested. Here are some of my summer beauty hacks:
- Dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend in summer when hair get oily and sweaty. It also saves you between washes.
- Applying a mascara with tinting properties, will help tint your lashes and keep you looking fabulous at the pool and beach. Try the CATRICE Glam & Doll Lash Colorist Mascara. Also, for brows try the CATRICE Brow Colorist Semi-Permanent Mascara
- Using a self-tanner in Summer, will save you from spending countless hours in the sun trying to get a tan. It will also save you from the harmful rays. Try the Caribbeantan Bronzing Mousse for a natural tan. Apply like a lotion in circular motions, go to bed and wake up with a beautiful tan.
- If you have managed to get self-tan on the palms of your hand, rub vigorously with lemon. It will take the stains right out.
- Forgot to get a tan? No worries just apply the Caribbeantan Body Bronzer or Shimmer Cream which will give you a bronzed look and you simply wash it away at the end of day. The Caribbeantan Body Bronzer also has an SPF 20 for added protection.
- Spritz your face with the CATRICE Hydrating Prime & Care Spray for an instant refresher on hot days and it also smells amazing.
- If you want instant beachy waves, try sleeping with your hair in 2 braids. It also saves you time in the morning getting ready.
- If your foundation is too light for your face now that you have gotten some sun, just bronze up your face with a matt bronzer. Try the CATRICE Matt Bronzing Powder.