There are over 80 000 artificial chemicals in the market today (and growing), which includes cosmetics, medicine, household cleaning products, pesticides and food. Considering that sixty percent of the substances we put in our body are absorbed by our skin, we are exposing ourselves and our families to toxins everyday. Read more facts about your synthetic products.
While many parents are aware that organic and natural products are indeed healthier, the cost of these retail products is not an option with a tight household budget. However, there is another option that won’t leave you compromising your family’s health due to the expense of healthy living.
Make your own natural products
The organic and natural route can be affordable if you start making your own products, which are easier to make than you think. They’re as easy as pie. Scratch that, making pie is difficult. They’re easier than making a sandwich! On top of that, making these recipes together with your kids and teens is an incredibly fun activity.
You can learn how to make your own natural skin, hair, cosmetic and household products by visiting the Natural Nerd website which provides free access to these simple and affordable recipes. When you sign up, you will also receive a FREE starter kit, which includes beautifully designed labels for your products among other beginner recipes and tips.
Benefits of making your own products
- Healthier – Using natural and organic ingredients means that you are not exposing yourself to any harmful toxins.
- Cheaper – Buying the ingredients themselves, opposed to the ready made retail products works out far cheaper, even more so if you buy in bulk.
- Eco-friendly – All recipes on the Natural Nerd website contain natural, biodegradebale ingredients so that our beautiful blue planet is cared for too.
- Customisable – Making your own products allows you to customise products to your specific needs and preferences, or the needs and preferences of the people you will be making the products for.
- They make wonderful gifts – Who wouldn’t love a homemade gift basket of natural goodies?
- Simple – Sourcing the ingredients locally can sometimes be difficult, especially if you’re starting out. The Natural Nerd website includes a helpful shopping guide and online store, which makes life that much easier. You can be assured that every product recommended and every recipe posted has been personally tried and tested.
Every week, you can also look forward to new recipes such as:
- Skin care recipes: face wash, shampoo, body wash, lip balm, moisturiser, baby powder, baby bum cream, roll-on, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash, toner/ astringent, face masks, anti-ageing remedies, hair dye, soap bars, perfume, body spray, mosquito repellent etc.
- Make up recipes: blush, foundation, tinted lip balm, eye shadow, mascara etc.
- Cleaning & other home recipes: dish washing liquid, toilet cleaner, window cleaner, linen & room sprays, laundry detergent, fabric softener, mosquito repellent etc.
- Health remedies: cough syrup, throat lozenges, natural cold & flu remedies etc.
- AND MUCH MORE! You’ll learn how to make it all.