Lara Berman Physiotherapy specialises in the evaluation and treatment of children with developmental delay and neurological conditions, where each child receives individualised care based on their needs, and parents are educated in how to support their children to reach their optimal potential. The therapeutic approach is family-centred, holistic and evidence-based. Therapists at Lara Berman Physiotherapy are NDT (Neurodevelopmental Therapy) and MAES (Movement| Analysis| Education| Strategies) trained.
Lara Berman Physiotherapy’s treatment approach is premised upon creating a comfortable and safe environment, where children are challenged to reach their goals whilst having fun. Families play an integral part in the therapy process, and teachers and other therapists are involved throughout as needed. Ultimately, the purpose is to ensure that every child treated at Lara Berman Physiotherapy is able to reach their optimal potential, and as a result are more efficient, independent, and confident when performing their functional tasks/activities.
The conditions treated at Lara Berman Physiotherapy include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developmental Delay
- Congenital/Genetic conditions
- Neurological conditions including cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injuries, strokes
- High risk infants including premature babies
- Orthopaedic conditions including fractures and deformities
- Respiratory physiotherapy for a variety of chest conditions (This is offered after hours depending on availability. Please contact Lara Berman on her cellphone number)
- Core muscle weakness
- Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), low muscle tone, hypermobility, postural instability, balance and co-ordination difficulties
- Autism and related spectrum disorders
- Developmental screenings at Schools
Early intervention is fundamental as it provides the child with the best opportunity to improve. Physiotherapy treatment can begin at any age, but the earlier it starts, the quicker progress is made, and the easier it is to gain the best possible outcome.
Lara Berman Physiotherapy consults primarily at The Baby and Child Wellness Centre in Bryanston, and treats children at various schools in and around the Bryanston area. Home visits and regular Saturday sessions are also available for those parents who struggle to get to appointments during the week.
Consultations are facilitated out of the below addresses