Welcoming a baby is a life-changing experience, bringing major changes to every aspect of your life. As a new parent, you can never predict exactly what is to come, but there are a few things you can do to make sure you are as stress-free and organised as possible in the hours before and after your newborn enters the world.
A major help when going to the hospital, especially if baby is arriving earlier than expected, is having a baby hospital bag organised. Your baby bag should be packed in advance to ensure it is ready to go as soon as you are. A good idea is to leave it either in the car, or by the front door of your home, so that you’re ready in a moment’s notice.
When your little one is born, they will be sensitive to the new and strange world they find themselves in, so pack a couple of things to keep them warm, calm and clean. We recommend:
- Newborn nappies
- Cotton wool and baby wipes to clean little bottoms
- Soft outfits to keep baby warm
- A baby blanket
Giving birth is a strenuous procedure, so packing a change of clothes as well as toiletries will make you feel better, fresher and more relaxed after your baby is born. Important things include:
- Breast pads and maternity pads (Vital Baby Nurture Ultra Comfort Breast Pads are shaped to provide comfort and absorbency, locking in wetness away from your nipple, helping to avoid irritation and infection).
- Loose and comfortable clothes
- Comfy underwear for after the birth
- Dressing gown, slippers and some socks
- Hand sanitiser to keep germs away
- Mobile phone and charger
- Healthy snacks
- Birth plan and maternity notes
- A comfy pillow
Packing these will allow you to be as comfortable as possible before, during and after birth and give you more time and energy to love, cuddle and admire the beautiful life you have just brought into this world.
Vital Baby offers top quality products for mom, baby and toddler and is finally available in SA. Baby products suitable for moms with newborns include unique Flexcone™ breast pumps, sterilisers, health care products and bottle feeding accessories. To aid moms through the weaning phase and support toddlers already eating solids, they offer practical yet beautifully designed baby bowls, baby cups and cutlery. Find them on social media: @vitalbabysa