Pregnancy is tough! Even if you are one of the lucky ones who didn’t throw up constantly, your body still goes through a huge amount of change to allow your little one to fit, grow and develop.
Hormonal changes are a biggy! Healthline states that we will produce more Estrogen during one pregnancy than we will in our entire lives when not pregnant. Estrogen is responsible for many vital processes during pregnancy. The amount we produce increases as the pregnancy moves into the third trimester. Our Progesterone levels also increase dramatically. This allows the uterus to increase in size from about a small pear to big enough for a full-term baby. Progesterone together with Relaxin (another hormone) cause the ligaments and joints to loosen. This is exactly what needs to happen for the natural birth process to take place. High levels of Relaxin can remain in the body, up to 4 months after breastfeeding. While these are very necessary and amazing processes certain precautions need to take place as we may be more prone to injuries. During this time, postural changes will occur, making our sense of balance not quite what it used to be as our centre of gravity is completely off.
So now that you have had your baby, what can you do to get that pre-baby body back in record time? Here are some awesome products that speed up the process, your easy 3 steps.
Post baby panties are a Postpartum recovery panty developed specifically to be used after a natural birth. With just the right amount of anatomically focused compression on the front of the abdomen, just where you need it. It provides discreet wear-anywhere slimming for the baby belly.
- Medical-grade compression over abdomen shrinks uterus and speeds recovery
- Reduces swelling and shapes post baby belly
- Supports abdominal muscles weakened from pregnancy
- Designed for after vaginal delivery with compression only, no silicone like C-Panty for after c-section deliveries
- Fabric: 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex, machine washable
C-panties are the option for those having a C-section. The unique silicone compression panel for the incision site allows the scar to heal with minimal itching. The compression helps to prevent swelling and support weakened muscles. Wear them from delivery up to one year after birth. Let C-Panty take care of you so you can care for baby in comfort.
- Slims and speeds recovery after c-section
- Abdominal compression slims post baby belly, reduces swelling and shrinks uterus
- Compression around incision reduces pain and makes moving around more comfortable
- Silicone panel speeds healing and reduces c-section scar while protecting and supporting c-section incision area
- Can be worn any time after delivery up to 12 months
- Designed by a surgeon and two-time C-section mom and recommended by OB/GYNs
- 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex. Machine washable as delicate, line dry.
A smart alternative to Granny panties, which don’t promote healing and don’t make you feel or look better! Best for post-op and ongoing C-section recovery, from delivery to one year. C-Panty is seamless, with a full rear and gently fluted waistband. No bulk, bands, or Velcro.
Get your C-Panty before your scheduled c-section and add it to your c-section hospital bag.
Shrinkx Postpartum Belly Wrap allows you to lose your belly in weeks. It works with a triple compression fit and allows you to get belly back to wear it should be in a matter of weeks rather than months. Women around the world have been wrapping their bodies after childbirth for centuries. Postpartum belly wrapping after delivery with Shrinkx Belly helps speed weight loss and recovery.
- Triple compression speeds weight loss
- Supports core abdominal muscles and helps uterus return to its original size
- Reduces swelling and bloating after delivery
- Instantly slims so you look and feel better
- Breathes easily with lightweight postpartum support made of latex free, breathable mesh fabric
- Aids in pain relief as a c-section postpartum wrap
- Cushions your lower back with built-in boning and improves posture while breastfeeding
- Recommended by OB/GYNs
To get the best results start wearing Shrinkx Belly immediately after delivery and wear the belly band as much as possible. https://www.bitsandbobsformoms.co.za/collections/upspring/products/shrinkx-belly-postpartum-belly-wrap
Shrinx Hips Ultra Postpartum Hip Compression Belt is the first and only wrap clinically proven to narrow hips after delivery. 95% of moms returned to their pre-pregnancy hip size after wearing Shrinx Hips. Wearing Shrinkx Hips during this time gently guides hips back to their pre-pregnancy position, or smaller.
- Patented postpartum hip compression belt
- Narrows hips after delivery
- Triple point compression helps maximise results
- OB/GYN recommended
- Made of soft Nylon and Spandex materials
- Can be worn 12+ hours per day
- Can be worn after c-section
Some additional kick-starters:
Give yourself some time and patience after baby is born. It can be a huge shock to the system. It takes a while adjust to your new ‘normal” never mind the sleep deprivation. Once, the Dr gives you the ok, normally after your 6-week check-up, it is time to get up and moving. Try walking with baby in a pushchair, some dancing or yoga in the lounge. Whatever you enjoy! Try do 20 mins a day of light to moderate exercise. This will not only help your hormones to balance but it will also increase endorphins and energy levels. Some studies suggest that exercise may also assist with preventing postpartum depression.
Eat well! Stay away from the junk, take-a-ways, fizzy drinks and other non-nutritive food. Fresh fruit, veg, eggs, nuts and protein will help your digestion and improve your milk supply when breastfeeding. Make sure you are getting enough water and stay away from caffeine and alcohol. Sugar is also a no, no! It can increase your chance of thrush. Which is no joke! It can be very painful. Sugar will also cause you to spike and crash which may lead to unnecessary cravings.
Get as much rest as possible. Even if you are not getting that much sleep at night try take naps during the day. I know, easier said than done. At least take a time out. Have a cup of tea with a good magazine or some sort of down time every day. Make sure to look after yourself!