( Serves 18pax)
- 200g Flour
- 200g Butter
- 200g Sugar
- 100g White chocolate
- 500ml Milk
- 9 Eggs separated
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat milk with chocolate and vanilla allowing chocolate to melt without bringing to boil
- Place flour, sugar and butter into robo coup, add heated milk/chocolate mix to form paste.
- Put paste into pot and on a medium heat, cook out until very thick making sure you whisk continuously.
- Remove from heat and add egg yolk. (Reserve egg whites for final preparation.)
- Cool, cover and refrigerate until needed
Gooseberry and Tequila Shooter
- 1 Punt fresh gooseberries
- 2 Tots gold tequila
- 150g Castor sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Blitz all ingredients, strain , adjust flavour as necessary and chill until needed.
- Whisk egg white to soft peak and whisk ¼ into soufflé mix, fold in the rest ( ¾) of egg whites.
- Spoon mix into prepared ramekins and bake at 200 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 175 degrees and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- While soufflés are baking, assemble plates with garnish i.e: crushed caramel walnuts, gooseberry shooter, edible flowers and finally cherries.
- When soufflés are done, place on place, lace with coffee cream and serve immediately.