Quick and Easy…
- ⅓ Cup Sherry or Chicken Broth
- ⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Spring Onions, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Apricot Jam
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds, Toasted, divided
- Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 Medium Sweet Yellow Pepper, cut into pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce and 1 ½ teaspoons sesame seeds. Pour ⅓ cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternating, thread chicken and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, basting with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.