( Serves 4 pax)
- 6 Duck breast
- 200ml oOrange juice freshly squeezed
- 50g Pickled ginger
- 500g Beetroot cooked, peeled and quartered
- 500g Carrots cut into batons and blanched
- 250g Baby aubergine cut in half and sweated
- ½ Bunch celery cut into 7cm sticks
- 500g Potatoes Parisenne style
- 1L Duck stock
- 200ml Balsamic vinegar
- 50g brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and score duck breast, marinade in orange juice, pickled ginger and salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed
- Place carrots, beetroot, celery, potatoes and aubergine in seperate roasted trays. Prepare carrots for roasting with butter and honey, beetroot with ½ the balsamic and 20g brown sugar, celery with olive oil and rosemary, aubergine with thyme and garlic, potatoes with butter and alittle olive oil. Season All!! Roast and set aside until needed.
- Place the rest of balsamic and brown sugar in a pot and reduce by half, add hot stock to reduction and reduce further by half or until glaze has formed. Set aside until needed.
- Sear duck breast in pan and glaze with a little honey, put in oven to finish the cooking process. Duck should be pink and release clear juices. Rest and slice in two on the diagonal.
- Arrange roasted vegetables and potatoes down the center of plate and place 3 pieces of duck breast atop.
- Drizzle gastric over duck and onto plate.
- Garnish with edible flowers and micro greens. Serve immediately.