• 2 Lemons washed and dried
• 2 Cups plus ¾ cup granulated sugar
• 2 ¼ Sticks of unsalted butter
• ½ Teaspoon salt
• 3 Cups all purpose flour
• 4 Large eggs lightly beaten
• Confectioners sugar
• Slice lemons as thinly as possible, remove seeds. Toss slices with 2 cups sugar, transfer mixture to a flat re-sealable container. Place in the refrigerator over night.
• Place butter, salt, remaining ¾ cup sugar and flour into a bowl for a food processor. Process the mixture until crumbly and starts to hold together.
• Preheat over to 200 degrees celsius. Line your baking pan with baking paper. Press dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan, making sure that there are no holes. Bake until golden brown – about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
• Place lemon – sugar mixture and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 40 seconds. Pour mixture over cookie crusts and sift over confectioners sugar.