- 9 large eggs (Only one will get used in the cake. The rest are just used for the shells.
- ½ Cup flour
- ¼ Teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ Teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ Cup sour cream
- Carefully poke a small hole in the top of each egg, use a corkscrew to do this. The holes need to be large enough to fit the tip of a piping bag inside.
- Empty the contents of the egg into a bowl and set aside keeping one of the egg contents separate to use in the cake recipe.
- Rinse the egg shells out thoroughly over the sink, soak in saltwater for 30 minutes. Rinse in cold water and lay the eggs hole side down on a paper towel to dry.
- Prepare your cake batter by combining all over the above mentioned ingredients including you single egg that you set aside for your cake recipe.
- Place your prepared egg shells into a cupcake tin. Use foil to help them to stand straight.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter and fill your eggs till they are about ¾ full.
- Bake in the oven until cooked- use a toothpick to check the cakes.