• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 55 Grams spaghetti
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 170 Grams bacon or pancetta cut into pieces
• 3 cloves garlic
• 4 Large egg yolks
• ½ Cup heavy cream
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 Zest of Lemon and ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
• Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add salt and spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
• Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until golden. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel to drain.
• Reduced heat to medium low, add garlic and cook until golden.
• Beat egg yolks, heavy cream and ½ cup parmesan cheese in a medium bowl until combined. Add drained paste and bacon to the pan and pour the egg mixture over it. If pasta is dry, add enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten. Season liberally with black pepper.
• Serve with garnished lemon zest, chopped parsley and additional cheese if desired.