- Glove, or sewn felt fingers
- Needle and thread
- Small buttons
- Adhesive felt or felt scraps (optional)
- Toile rounds x 4
- Create the insect body. Begin with the finger of a stray glove. Or, using a sewing machine, sew two pieces of felt together in the shape of a finger. Sew one end closed, and leave the opposite end open, allowing space to insert your finger into the puppet. Once you have sewn the body together, turn the body inside out.
- Make the eyes. Using a needle and thread, sew on small buttons for eyes. Leave the knotted ends long and sticking upright over the eyes, simulating antennae.
- Make the wings. Fold four toile rounds into quarters, then eighths, creating wings. Iron the wings with a dry medium-set iron. Cut into wing shapes. To attach the wings to the body, sew two wings to each side of the body at the same point, using a needle and thread. (It helps to hold the points of the wings together at an angle.) Fold in the point a few times, and then sew onto the body.
- If desired, embellish the body or the wings with adhesive felt or felt scraps.