Steak with grilled vegetables
This meal will satisfy the greatest of meat lovers.
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 lb. T-bone or porterhouse steak, cut 1″ thick
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- In small bowl, combine garlic, basil and pepper. Remove 4 teaspoons seasoning; press into both sides of beef steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well; set aside.
- Place steaks on a grill in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Quarter peppers lengthwise and cut the onion in thick slices. Arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning both once. Brush vegetables with reserved cheese mixture during last 10 minutes of grilling. (Or cook under a hot broiler.)
- Season steaks with salt, as desired. Trim fat from steaks; remove bones. Carve steaks crosswise into thick slices; serve with vegetables. Makes 6 servings.